1. Using Eternity News services
Eternity News provides its online services on the following terms.
By continuing to access Eternity News, you agree to be bound by the terms outlined below and any additional terms outlined within the specific service you access. Please check this page regularly so you are aware of any updates to the terms. If you do not agree with any of the terms, as updated or amended, please do not use the service.
2. Contributing Content
You are responsible for all content you contribute to any Eternity News service, including text, photos, videos, audio and links (Your Content).
By contributing content to any Eternity News service, you grant Eternity News a royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use Your Content in any way that we want, and in any media worldwide. This may include the use of your photos or video on Eternity News video publications and syndication to our Australian content partners. You retain copyright and any other rights you hold in Your Content and can continue to share and commercialise Your Content as you wish.
You confirm you own or have the right to use any copyright material included in Your Content (including music, photos, quotes and excerpts of audio or video), that you have permission of anyone appearing or performing in Your Content and that you are not infringing any person’s rights by submitting the content to Eternity News. You also confirm you have, where appropriate, sought the consent of the parent or guardian of any person under the age of 18 who is featured in Your Content.
Please ensure you keep your own copies of Your Content as Eternity News may not archive, store or back-up Your Content nor continue to make Your Content accessible online.
Eternity News will endeavour to provide you with an appropriate credit when using Your Content on Eternity News service platforms, though you understand and agree this may not always be possible.
3. Eternity News Online Communities
While encouraging rigorous debate and the sharing of diverse opinions, Eternity News expects community members to treat each other with respect and courtesy. These standards apply to interaction within all Eternity News Services including official Eternity News accounts established on third-party social media sites.
You understand and agree that Eternity News has ultimate editorial control over all its online services. Eternity News may edit, remove or exercise its discretion not to publish your contribution for legal, editorial or operational reasons including if Eternity News considers it to be:
- defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or that it violates laws regarding harassment, discrimination, racial vilification, privacy or contempt;
- intentionally false or misleading;
- an infringement of intellectual property rights including copyright;
- abusive, offensive or obscene;
- inappropriate, off topic, repetitive or vexatious. For example, Eternity News reserves the right to reject contributions that have been widely canvassed in the forum. It also reserves the right to reject contributions from participants who seek to dominate the discussion;
- compromising the privacy of any person or containing inappropriate personal information;
- seeking to endorse commercial products or services;
- seeking to directly solicit donations;
- deliberate provocation of other community members; or
- impersonating someone else and/or posting on behalf of a suspended member.
Eternity News values the role of its communities in guiding content standards and etiquette among members. If you have concerns about inappropriate content on an Eternity News service you can alert the moderator of that space.
When accessing or participating in an Eternity News-managed space on a third party platform, such as channels, pages or feeds hosted on an external site, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions specified by that third party platform.
Eternity News recommends you make sure you understand the privacy settings for each platform with which you engage and choose appropriate options to protect your personal details and content shared.
4. Use Of Eternity News Content
All intellectual property rights in the content, software and systems owned by or licensed to Eternity News on any Eternity News service, including logos, images, names, designs, trademarks and copyright (Eternity News Content) are reserved to Eternity News and its licensors.
Such content is provided for your personal, non-commercial use only. Unless specifically noted for a particular service, you may not otherwise reproduce, republish, modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, reverse engineer or disassemble Eternity News, without obtaining Eternity News’ prior written permission.
You agree not to remove, obscure, or alter any Eternity News copyright notice or trademark on any content you access and use. You also agree not to use Eternity News Content in a way that implies endorsement by Eternity News or any person included in the materials.
If you are interested in using Eternity News Content other than for personal, non-commercial use, please contact Eternity News for further information.
The online protection of children is a shared responsibility between Eternity News, the parent/guardian and the child. Eternity News aims to ensure that children and young people (under 18) who engage with our online spaces understand the possible risks they face and how to minimise them.
When contributions are sought from, likely to have been submitted by, or include children and/or young people (under 18), Eternity News will, where appropriate, seek the consent of a child’s parent or guardian before using a child’s contribution on Eternity News platforms.
Eternity News does not endorse the views or material contained in the contributions of members of the public or third party sites. Eternity News is not responsible for the content, availability or performance of external sites linked to or hosting Eternity News services.
Eternity News services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. You understand and agree that you use Eternity News services at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss whatsoever that results from such use. Eternity News disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law all guarantees, warranties or representations of merchantability, acceptable quality and fitness for any purpose, security, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, and performance of Eternity News services and any content contained therein.
For information regarding use of Eternity News, contact the Eternity News editor
If you have concerns about inappropriate or infringing content accessed through any Eternity News services, please alert the moderator of that service where available.
Eternity News Sticker Promotion
Terms and conditions
- Entry into the promotion and any acceptance of a reward is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is The Bible Society Australia (ABN 85 214 424 729) of Level 7, 99 Macquarie St, NSW 2000 telephone number (+61) 02 9888 6588 or email [email protected].
- The promotion opens on 09:00 AEST, Friday, November 16, 2018 and closes at 09:00 AEST, Monday, December 10, 2018. (Promotion Period)
Eligibility to Enter
- Entry is open only to Australian residents (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoters and its related bodies.
Entry into the promotion
- To enter, during the Promotion Period to receive one Eternity branded vinyl sticker, the Eligible Entrant must enter by sharing the Eternity News Weekly Electronically Distributed Mail (eDM) via to another email address.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. Multiple entries per eligible entrants are allowed.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
- All Eligible Entrants will receive one (1) Eternity branded vinyl sticker for each entry that is submitted.
- The Promoter will mail the reward to all Eligible Entrants via Australia Post or a similar service within 28 days of receiving their street addresses.
Notification of Eligible Entrants
- All Eligible Entrants will receive an email on the week commencing Monday, December 10, 2018 requesting a name and postal address to receive the reward. For queries regarding entries or the promotion, the Promoter can be contacted using the details above.