Wonder Woman is the biggest new movie at cinemas. But wonder women have been bringing it to cinemas since Mary Poppins was a girl.
Often in Hollywood, the best man for the job is a woman. Here’s a leading lady list of Wonder Women that you need to R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
1. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games franchise): A near-future warrior princess forced to fight for lives.
2. Clarice Starling (The Silence of the Lambs): A FBI cadet who takes on evil, face to face. With fava beans
3. Ripley (Alien franchise): A surprising mother figure who battles face-hugging aliens. With regularity.
4. Boo (Monster’s Inc): a mighty little lady who flips a monster’s universe on its head.
5. Erin Brockovich (Erin Brockovich): A salt-of-the-earth, crusading working mum.
6. Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins): A singing, dancing superhero who can, basically, do everything. With a spoonful of sugar
7. Sarah Connor (The Terminator franchise): A mother who surprisingly must face off against the robotic future, to save her son.
8. Princess Leia (Stars Wars franchise): Cool hairdo and a battle leader in the never-ending war in the stars
9. Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz): Tornado surfing, witch-killing team leader of a fantasy quest.
10. Hermionie Granger (Harry Potter franchise) – Hogwarts Homecoming Queen.
Girl power! But why on earth would any be suprised at such a list? The wonder of women has been like that since the kick-off.
God created people in his own image, in the image of God he created people – male and female he created people.
Male AND female. Created in God’s image. The wonder of women is in their DNA. R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
PLUS: Ben McEachen’s 60 Second Verdict on Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales